I want a superhero movie where the hero dies in the first ten minutes and the woman who was supposed to be the love interest puts on his costume and becomes an even better hero.
I want all of the advertising to be for the hero and none of the marketing to even allude to this death.
imagine all the male tears
Literary map of London
Characters from over 250 novels plotted in the parts of London they either called home or spent a lot of time. Designed by graphic artist Dex working with interior designer Anna Burles.
OUAT Season 3 Appreciation Weekend: Favorite S3 Villain » Peter Pan
hermione + text posts
Let’s be honest everyone would rather watch a Black Widow movie than antman
Anyone who dismisses her as eye candy didn’t watch the same movie I did, and ought to go sit in a corner and think about their misogyny.
I mean, god, it’s the little things. That “who do you want me to be?” she asks Steve while they’re in the car is just so raw. This is a woman whose entire life has been defined by ‘who do you want me to be?’ and so she falls back on it because she has nothing else left. And Steve doesn’t buy into the trap and just says “how about a friend?”
And god, her face when she thought Nick Fury was dying. The sheer level of silent devastation she’s trying not to show and failing.
I just cannot get seeing this moving and not seeing Natasha. Because if you just dismiss her as eye candy, that’s what you’re doing (I’m looking at you, several male reviewers).
Today’s list of standout Natasha moments (it varies):
- Reaction to Nick’s death.
- Reaction to NIck’s not being dead (she looks so wounded under the physical pain and confusion).
- Suiting up and infiltrating the WSC meeting with Pierce with a gunshot wound to her shoulder.
- Speaking of that, saving their asses shortly after getting said GSW, using a heavy piece of equipment even while she could barely stand.
- Using the widow’s bite on herself.
- That moment where she pauses to gird her emotional loins before she respond’s to Pierce’s jab about the world seeing her as she is (which it wouldn’t, because of course who she is and how she is is not what she’s done).
- The steely-eyed, contained anger bubble gum snap. (Most bad-ass use of bubble gum ever.)
#scarlett johansson is a remarkably pretty woman #and it continues to piss me off that basically as soon as she turned 18 #that was all reviewers could see about her #even though by that age she’d already proven herself to be a damn good actress as well #and it’s not like her talent had an expiration date #the moment she was a legal adult
6x15 / 1x01
I’ve lost people before, so when I care about someone, I plant a tracking device on them.
Tatiana Maslany during the ‘Orphan Black ’ panel discussion at the BBC America portion of the 2014 Winter Television Critics Association tour